[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sat Nov 5 13:11:28 CET 2016

The Blackbox Component Builder system (originally called Oberon/F) for
Component Framework development using the Component Pascal language was
based on a dissertation titled 'Insight ETHOS. On object-orientation in
operating systems' by Clemens Szyperski published in 1992.

Delphi v1.0 did not appear until 1995 - by that time Visual Basic was
already at v3. However, neither are mentioned in his dissertation. Systems
that he does reference are:

Cedar, Oberon, Smalltalk, Choices, Clouds, Guide/Commandos, SOS, Amoeba .
Mach/NextStep, V Kernel, Chorus, Plan 9, PenPoint and Vamos/Overview.

For more information download his paper from:

https://e-collection.library.ethz.ch/view/eth:38713

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software