[Oberon] native A2/Oberon on Raspberry Pi - was: Oberon-2 on FPGA

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 17:34:54 CET 2016

On 5 November 2016 at 03:02, eas lab <lab.eas at gmail.com> wrote:
> ALO <ARM linux Oberon> runs nicely on the RPi,
> but I prefer to *USE* wily [not experiment/teach] unless I need
> oberons coloring facility to give extra dimentions of comprehension,
> for the most difficult tasks.
>
> IMO ALO's weakness is the need to <bring all the files to ALO's dir>.

So ALO is Oberon for ARM compiled as a Linux app? LEO is the same but for x86?

> Any non-trivial task needs multiple files [and parts of file] to be
> worked on together. Seeing the files/parts together is what ETHO Tiling
> is about.

I am not sure I understand. This means there are no subdirectories &
all files live in a single flat directory?

> LEO [x86 UnixOberon; not for RPi], in contrast, can reach-out and work
> on files [Aos,FAT,*nix] anywhere in the file tree.

Does that mean it can handle the underlying Windows/Linux filesystem
when running under it, or that a native Oberon system can access these
filesystems? Or are you talking about across a network connection?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • GMail/Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven
Skype/MSN: lproven at hotmail.com • LinkedIn/AIM/Yahoo: liamproven