[Oberon] native A2/Oberon on Raspberry Pi - was: Oberon-2 on FPGA

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 23:00:44 CET 2016

>So ALO is Oberon for ARM compiled as a Linux app? LEO is the same but for x86?

No, Peter. M of ALO 'has' made several "the same" ie. for different CPUs.

As also LEO has a <Darwin> etc. versions AFAIR.

>I am not sure I understand. This means there are no subdirectories &
> all files live in a single flat directory?

That's how the original Native-Oberon was.

Being stressed by having lost my good system/s and forced to use Micro$hit:
I can't remember the detail, but I believe that LEO could:--
 <FetchDOSformatFile>  /mnt/cdrom/..../File1
 <Fetch*nixFormatFile> /home/dog/File2
 <FetchFile>  /usr/local/sbin/ScriptName
Then you'd have 3 TextFrames seen *TOGETHER*,
 and you can search & CutNpaste between then and or other Files,
 in aos,Fat,*nix formats.

When I investigate a topic, I build a <topic>book, which looks like:-
==CONTENTS==
<1st part's name>
<2nd part's name>
<><><><> <- section separator
<1st part's name>
<Text browser fetched contents & links>
<><><><> <- section separator
<2nd part's name>
.....contents...
<><><><>
<><><><>

When I go on-line, I run a Linux command:
 G L Win64ETHO
which fetched the contents  of the list of URLs in file:L
 and appends each to the <Book>File named Win64ETHO in sequence:
1. the URL
2. the contents plus links [in lynx -dump format].
3. the section terminator: "<><><><>"

If I've got 5 sections in the Win64ETHO<book> and L has 4 lines of URLs,
I get the extra 4 sections appened to the <book>.
When I read these new sections, I allocate suitable names to them, and
MUST paste the same names to the context section.

Ie. it's essential to have visual access to multiple part of any text-file.

You can also paste graphical images to your books.
The problem that I have so far failed to solve is rendering
LaTex Math formul<aer>

LEO can also execute Linux scripts, so you can do complex acrobatics.

== Chris Glur.