[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun Nov 6 11:51:42 CET 2016

When reading PDF files in Windows there are several ways to have more than one view at a time e.g.

1. There is a split-screen control at the top of the vertical scroll bar. Drag this down and you will have two separately controllable views on the document.

2. You can usually open a PDF file more than once. E.g. a) in Acrobat select Window > New Window, b) In internet Explorer select File > New Window

Also recent Windows versions have additional Windows management features (e.g. for tiling Windows) that you may not be aware of if you have only just upgraded. Google for "windows 10 windows management tricks" for some tips on how to do this.

> PS. it's a pity that the *.pdf  is not, mostly reconvertible to text,
> except by OCR. Such material is efficiently absorbed by TextToSpeech,
> depending on the users life-style.

Yes - it’s a pity that some who scan these documents do not seem to know how to add bookmarks and add text search and text-to-speech capability. It's not that difficult to do.

The full version of Adobe Acrobat has a neat Tools > Recognize text feature which does the equivalent of an OCR scan of the document and creates searchable text. I have just converted this document and the text to speech function also appears to work. I've also added some bookmarks to the document for you so you can use the Acrobat navigation pane to jump to a particular section of the document. You can download this updated version of the document from:

http://www.cfbsoftware.com/gpcp/eth-38713-02 Insight Ethos.pdf  (8.86 MB file)

Regards,
Chris

Chris Burrows