[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 13:02:35 CET 2016

> I am interested in the design decisions and why they were chosen.

I am as well...

I downloaded the dissertation of Clemens Szyperski
fromhttps://e-collection.library.ethz.ch/view/eth:38713
This is a good read. Not complete yet.

The section 1.1.1 is nicely presenting OO concepts and
which language implements which concept which way.
It differentiates subtyping from subclassing.
That was a nice to know for me.
I think, on OO concepts and implementations,
much has been researched in ETH.

Is there any paper/book that discusses more on the matter
that has been discussed in section 1.1.1 of this thesis?

Idea is to compare and contrast Oberon and C++
on language features, design decisions and implementational techniques.

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak

Home: http://www.mathmeth.com/sn/