[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Nov 11 02:23:27 CET 2016

On Wed, November 9, 2016 12:43 am, Jörg Straube wrote:
> Lars
>

> If you look at a compilation unit in Oberon (called module), the whole
> module (in addition to a procedure) defines a sort of contract. The
> programmer decides (by syntactically adding a * to a constant, procedure
> or variable) what external users of the module can do and see.

My research in the help docs for how to interact with GUI widgets seems to
lead me to messaging handlers.

i.e. as far as I can understand, instead of like in delphi where you work
with parameters in procedures, you work more with msg handler procedures.

I'm not a component pascal blackbox expert and I could be mistaken, but so
far from reading the help, for example finding mouse x y coords after a
click, seems to require message handling code.

In delphi there is message system too but it's not the main way of doing
it. It's just an optional aside you can resort to if other tactics work.

Once again I hope I'm not far off base here, as I am not an expert in
blackbox cp.