[Oberon] Oberon for a C++ user.

Lars noreply at z505.com
Fri Nov 11 23:30:12 CET 2016

On Fri, November 11, 2016 11:34 am, Skulski, Wojciech wrote:
>> Clemens Szypeski in his thesis "Insight ETHOS" discusses on
>> "Finalization" in section 2.1.4.
>>

> Finalization was implemented in BlackBox. Other Oberons may consider it
> as well.

Were there any catch 22's involved, such as mentioned in my other email to
the list.  How did they decide on order of finalization in a multi module
project?  Obviously they would usually base it on order you pull in the
modules... but AFAIR there are gotchyas/catch22's here...

What if finalization calls code, from a module that's already unloaded?

What if multiple modules use the same module (call it in).... how do you
figure out which module will be unloaded in what order, if multiple
modules are using the module in different orders of the module "uses"
section (sorry that's a delphi term).