[Oberon] Multiprocessor interconnect design and programming

Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 12:21:01 CET 2016

Dear All,

Recently I am little curious to know how two processors work together...
Say on a single board, two x86 processors are sitting...
How they will work under a single OS...
How generally such multiple processors get connected on one board
and how they get initialize and work under one OS, how OS gets the other cpu work...
Not much from hardware point of view, but from a OS designer point of view on multiprocessor system...

Is there any good book that teaches us about these?
I see all books discuss on single processor systems...

I asked in IRC channels, but they couldn't help either...
Any help?

With thanks and best regards,

Yours sincerely,
Srinivas Nayak