[Oberon] Concurrency support in Oberon

Wim Niemann niemannw at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 23 10:23:12 CET 2016

Probably the easiest way to call C functions from an Oberon program is to add SysReq procedures to the norebo emulator. I am working with this and it feels relatively quick and effective.

Converting the compiler to generate X86 or X86_64 output will take more than 300 man-hours and is highly system dependent. It will deliver faster code.

Norebo uses a modified Oberon.Mod to connect the compiler environment (which uses Texts and Files) to the command line.
It is possible to replace the InnerCore and use a different interface.
My current approach is to use shell and editor in Linux to edit, compile and debug and add specific C functions to norebo for different experiments.

Regards,
Wim Niemann