[Oberon] Need V4 Code for trivial task.

Douglas G Danforth danforth at greenwoodfarm.com
Thu Dec 8 09:31:59 CET 2016

In an effort to understand the background of that book I googled

    Len Bass

and as far as I can tell he has never actually programmed for the
environments of which
he writes.  Its important to know the experience of the authors so as to
understand
their perspectives.  He has a lot of acclimations but they all seem to
be academic.
-Doug

On 12/7/2016 11:55 AM, Bob Walkden wrote:
> The pipe'n'filter style arises from the batch processing habits of
> yore whereas Oberon was written for an interactive workstation. They
> each have their uses, and I wouldn't dismiss either of them
> out-of-hand, or consider either of them to be the final grand answer
> to everything.
>
> They're not the only options either. Clements, Bass et al. have
> written a lot about software architectural styles, their strengths and
> weaknesses. Worth being familiar with them.
>
> http://resources.sei.cmu.edu/library/asset-view.cfm?assetid=30264

Danforth of the Greenwood