[Oberon] Announcement: ofront 1.4 final Release for Raspbian and Linux 386

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Sun Jan 1 21:52:53 CET 2017

Hi Josef,

the new year starts well. I never understood how to compile own modules.
This version should generate shared object files automatically.

I tried it on an Orange Pi (Cortex A7) with ARMbian. However when
compiling own modules I get:

Ofront 1.4, Oberon V4
   compiling Hennessy  new symbol file    26225
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/ccDEoLvK.o: relocation R_ARM_THM_MOVW_ABS_NC against
`a local symbol' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile
with -fPIC
/tmp/ccDEoLvK.o: error adding symbols: Bad value
Call error: Hennessy not found

Regards,
	Peter