[Oberon] Parts & paths.

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 08:55:16 CET 2017

Your  web-page-instructions solved the vitally important font-size problem.

]> Does Inet connect via the Linux underlying system; ie. connect
]> via Linux, and use Aos' inet facilities?

]Works perfectly.  Sections on email in the same page.

I'm following your success of using Linux:Aos:Oberon to do
email via stunnel. But am delayed by the fact that sociology
trumps technology.

I need to use successive refinement:.
  first test it with my spare *.outlook.com account, since gmail.
  just cuts off your account if it detects any abnormal activity.
  Because they cater for millions: it's designed for the 'herd'.
But the area's WiFi is down, and I can't use my <plan-B>
inet-connection for experimenting.

There were good reasons for us to move from N-O to Linux:Oberon,
since eg. software for USB & SD-cards was supported by the big
linux community. But linux:Aos:Oberon may be going too far ?

Another problem with Aos, for me, is that it leaves a mass of
small .tmp.*.* files, which contaminates my working directories.
In particular, my whole style [which is also direcly related
to my promotion of functional/piping] is based on the STACK
principle. Ie. you don't need to remember names.
You just think in terms of <the last few items>.
Which is also why I'm so amazed that N-O & M$ don't have
dir/ls <file listing> ordered by "most recent" as the default.

So, because Aos generates all these little .tmp.*.* files, they
swamp my list of most recent files, and mess my well-proven
system of working.

Related: computing originally started with the <Do A,B,C..>
mentality. Then they realised the significance of heirarchy,
trees & stacks [I think Burroughs was the first?] which lead
to Algol -> Pascal ....

== Chris Glur.