[Oberon] The Modula-2 System for Z80 CP/M (Peter Hochstrasser)

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 23:18:38 CET 2017

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017, Chris Burrows wrote:

> [...]

I purchased that compiler many years ago and had mixed success with it.
Peter had handed over marketing to some organization called (if memory
serves) CATS.  The guy who ran it was unresponsive to bug reports and I
eventually switched to Turbo Modula-2.  TM2 had its own issues, but was
really a great environment to code in.  Around 1988 I wrote a rather
complex realtime control system in TM2 for managing dozens of VCRs in an
educational setting.

>> http://www.cpm.z80.de/develop.htm
>>
>> Does anyone know more about this project? Is there any possibility to
>> contact with Peter Hochstrasser

> There's a Peter Hochstrasser currently working at AXON IVY, listed on
> LinkedIn, who looks like a good match. It says he majored in compiler
> construction at ETH (1979 - 1984):

> https://www.linkedin.com/in/peterhochstrasser/

It would be terrific if someone could chase him down and get the complete
sources for historic preservation.

Some years back I wrote to Borland in an attempt to get the sources for
TM2, but they denied ever selling such a product - go figure.