[Oberon] FPGA - Save / Restore OBERON.FS

Felix Friedrich felix.friedrich at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Apr 20 14:52:06 CEST 2017

Hi

In A2 / Blubottle (and Minos/HeliOS) the conceptual OberonFS file system
size limitation is 8-16 TB with sector/block size of 4K (16 TB if
unsigned operations are implemented correctly, otherwise using signed
longints it is 8 TB).
Upper file size limit is 4 GB; more presizely it is 4 GiB + 1 MiB + 3528
B: a File entry comprises 3528 Bytes of data, 128 pointers to data block
and 1 pointer to a doubly indirect index block, the rest is metadata
(such as filename, mark bit, ...)

Rgds
Felix