[Oberon] FPGA - Save / Restore OBERON.FS

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Apr 20 15:13:46 CEST 2017

Joerg:

  both the file size and the file system limits are a showstopper in a real application like the one I am pursuing. My data files can be GB, and the storage medium must hold at least a few of those to be practical during a measurement.

Another practical issue is how to transfer the data to a workstation for analysis under a mainstream OS, either Linux or Windows. All analysis codes use one of these environments. It would be terrific if Oberon used either of the mainstream file systems which would be native to Linux or Windows.

I am not an expert of this. I am a user. I know that I can stick the SD card into Linux and I can see the BeagleBone file system. Thus I can transfer my measurements from the BeagleBone-based DAQ to a workstation for analysis. This would be the goal.

Thanks,
Wojtek