[Oberon] FPGA - Bitmap Replace Horizontal Line

Jörg joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Tue May 23 15:15:01 CEST 2017

Chris

Okay. Thanx for the update.

br
Jörg

-----Original Message-----
From: Oberon [mailto:oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Chris Burrows
Sent: Dienstag, 23. Mai 2017 15:12
To: 'ETH Oberon and related systems' <oberon at lists.inf.ethz.ch>
Subject: Re: [Oberon] FPGA - Bitmap Replace Horizontal Line

Hi Joerg,

Not that boards that support RISC5 Project Oberon and are equipped with 2MB of 10ns SRAM do already exist. E.g. Saanlima Electronics Pipistrello + 2MB Oberon wing and the Pepino LX25 with 2MB RAM.

http://pipistrello.saanlima.com/index.php?title=Welcome_to_Pipistrello

http://www.saanlima.com/pepino/index.php?title=Welcome_to_Pepino

However, as far as I know, only the 1MB version of Project Oberon is distributed with them. I haven't been able to track it down yet but I'm convinced I have had an experimental 2MB-enabled version of Project Oberon working on the Pepino.

There is also an Oberon RISC5 for Pepino which has the video system modified to 3-bit RGB (each pixel takes up 4 bits in video memory):

https://github.com/Saanlima/Pepino/tree/master/Projects/RISC5Verilog_Pepino_RGB

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software