[Oberon] FPGA - Bitmap Replace Horizontal Line

Claudio Nieder private at claudio.ch
Wed May 24 23:24:34 CEST 2017

Hi,

> Years back, when I first saw some OS using white on black, I thought
> it was disgusting.

For me it is exactly the reverse. I got to like the black on white as soon as I saw it on Mac and on the Lilith.

> Later I realised that WHITE-background blasting in your
> face was bad,

Well you need not overdue it. So what I do is not to set the screen to as much light as possible, but I set it so, that the white of the screen matches more or less the ambient light. This obviously also means I do not normally work in the dark. This way my eyes don’t get blasted by a bright screen, but encounter similar lighting conditions independent on whether I am looking into the screen or looking at something else on the desk or in the room.

> and dirt was mostly dark. The NATURAL/optimal vision is: <seen object>
> against a dark/back background.

Seeing the objects in my room, my city I don’t feel that most of them are bright objects against dark background. On contrary, it is rather in non-natural setting that you have that, like illuminated street signs/billboards in the night, a performer in the spotlight against the dark stage, the screen in the cinema etc.

claudio
--
Claudio Nieder, Ruhestrasse 7, CH-8045 Zürich, Tel +4179 357 6743, www.claudio.ch