[Oberon] Re (2): File transfer.

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Fri Jun 9 15:52:59 CEST 2017

No - PCLink can be used for the system on the gate array machine as well.
The more recent FPGA development boards (e.g. OberonStation, Pepino, Arty
etc.) that support Project Oberon can be connected to a PC using a standard
USB cable. A USB virtual COM driver enables comms software to transfer data
between the two systems as if they were connected via RS232 serial ports.
The comms software can be a version of PCLink running on an Oberon system on
the PC.

In our case we have implemented an upload function in Astrobe. This consists
of a Gardens Point Component Pascal version of PCLink that uses the
Microsoft .NET System.IO.Ports.SerialPort facility for the actual RS232
comms functions.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software