[Oberon] LONGINT, RETURN & etc.

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sat Jun 17 02:05:58 CEST 2017

>Now the syntax
>      "RETURN" (expression)
> still exists but not as part of (statement). Due to this syntax change
> it is only allowed to
>be used ONCE in a PROCEDURE block.
>
> Did this explanation help?

It did help, but it is not an explanation. It is a declaration. I read it as
"for whatever reason RETURN is only allowed to be used ONCE
in a PROCEDURE block". I will try to memorize.
If I fail to memorize, the compiler will kindly remind me of the rule.

So OK, I take it that in the past I could write RETURN 1+2,
and now I am allowed to write RETURN 3. Just another rule.
It probably helps in writing a better compiler. I am fine with this.

W.