[Oberon] Web-based books and other documents

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sun Jul 2 15:38:03 CEST 2017

>PS: I have not checked, but how does one upload something to the Wikibook? Who maintains it? What is its goal?

I do not want to disrupt a wonderful task of writing a book, but... Somehow I do not like the wiki.

Here is the "read the docs" project which seems geared towards just that, writing a good quality documents: readthedocs.org/

There is also something named sphinx, which is somehow related to ReadTheDocs: www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/

The list of books and other documents written with these tools is pretty impressive:

www.sphinx-doc.org/en/stable/examples.html

Examples include libraries for python,  docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/ and docs.scipy.org/doc/scipy/reference/

Python itself is also using these tools: docs.python.org/3/

And here is a document with lots of graphics: web.mit.edu/music21/doc/about/what.html

W.