[Oberon] Re (n): syntax in BB, CP, GPCP and V4 ...

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Jul 23 19:32:56 CEST 2017

From:	Hans Klaver <hklaver at dds.nl>
Date:	Sun, 23 Jul 2017 03:13:55 +0200
> The Oberon Wikibook and major Oberon textbooks preferably use a

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arial has,
"It [Arial] was created to be metrically identical to the popular typeface
Helvetica, ... so that a document designed in Helvetica could be displayed
and printed correctly without having to pay for a Helvetica license."

With no font-family in the <span style= ...> tag, the wikibook delivers
HTML which the browsers here render in fixed pitch.  To avoid that
I specified fontFamily = "Arial" in the MediaWiki module.  Maybe
"Helvetica" would work better after all.  Advice?

> Changing a tab character into a fixed number of blanks is done easily ...

Good.

From:	=?utf-8?B?SsO2cmc=?= <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch>
Date:	Sun, 23 Jul 2017 08:27:26 +0200

From:	Chris Burrows <chris at cfbsoftware.com>
Date:	Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:58:17 +0930
> I do not recommend using tabs in source text because many different
> editors / word processors / IDEs / printers / text search / text
> comparison programs interpret tabs in different ways.

Considering that Joerg contibuted V4Sort, additional adjustments are
according to his conventions.
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:PeterEasthope/sandbox
Probably some errors remain and I'm happy to edit further before
moving from the sandbox to a book page.

A "Stylistic Conventions" section can be added to the book later.

I've never used any of the contexts or softwares listed in the subject
line. In the future my efforts will probably focus more on the EO and
Oberon contexts.  The book is a wiki and anyone is welcome to pitch
in.

Regards,                        ... Lyall E.

--

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                      Pender Is.: +1 250 629 3757