[Oberon] Re (2): Italicization of comments and emboldening of keywords.

peter at easthope.ca peter at easthope.ca
Sun Jul 30 05:23:18 CEST 2017

From:	Chris Burrows <chris at cfbsoftware.com>
Date:	Sun, 30 Jul 2017 10:05:40 +0930
> It is only feasible to apply italicization of comments and emboldening of
> keywords on systems that have prettyprinting software (e.g. V4 and BB) or
> can be used with an editor with syntax-highlighting capabilities (e.g.
> GPCP). Such styling would be too laborious to maintain manually. ...

Thanks for explaining Chris.

> The appearance of the source code is just a 'view' of
> the code.

As displayed by PET in LinuxAos for example.

> The contents of the source code file is just plain text - it
> doesn't contain any embedded font attributes.

Therefore will leave modules in the wikibook as plain Text, except for
coloring to mark revisions as in some modules in EO.  Will stick to
this until convinced otherwise at least.

Incidentally, MediaWiki.Markup converts color, boldness and
italicization of Text into markup which Wikimedia converts to HTML
which a browser renders to appear identical or similar to the original
Text in Oberon.  To be more complete I should add font size.

Regards,                        ... Lyall E.

--

123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789 123456789
Tel: +1 360 639 0202                      Pender Is.: +1 250 629 3757