[Oberon] FW: BMP; was "FPGA - Screen.Mod"

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Tue Sep 26 12:46:12 CEST 2017

On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 14:18:16 +0200
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 11:48:35 +0000
> "Skulski, Wojciech" <skulski at pas.rochester.edu> wrote:
>
> > Now look at the size of both files. PNG was 9 kB, the BMP is 203 kB

Hi,

I have been toying with two picture files, `Grapes.Pict', `Escher.Pict'.
These are their compress statistics, coming right from `RLE' decoder. I
was surprised I can run on FPGA Oberon, heap usage goes only 30%.

First figure gives picture size in bytes, the other resulting bitmap
size after `RLE' decode.

Pictures.Load Grapes.Pict done.  4354 10272
Pictures.Load Escher.Pict done. 31420 50976

Is fairly good for this simple format in my opinion, is not not?

P.S.
I have posted my progress under `Grapes.Pict' and `Pictures.Mod' to
the list.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>