[Oberon] Procedure variables and local procedures

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Sun Oct 1 01:32:50 CEST 2017

Chris:

>I believe that paragraph leads to a better understanding of the fact that
>Oberon-07 (by Wirth) is not Oberon-2- or whatever successor of Oberon-2 some
>might think it to be.

The greatest tribute to all the mentioned Professors would be a strong community of developers using their languages.

In order for this to happen, the most useful features need to be available, rather than discarded. I mean Oberon-2 as well as Component Pascal.

I am hoping to see Oberon-2 as well as Component Pascal compiler running on a variety of processors, including RISC5. This would be a living monument of all the giants who helped developed these pinnacles of programming languages.

Just my two Swiss francs, as they say in Europe.