[Oberon] Procedure variables and local procedures

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 1 11:02:28 CEST 2017

It would be fairly easy to add any of the features mentioned above (e.g. POINTER TO ARRAY, multi-dimensional arrays) to the solution outlined in http://www.github.com/andreaspirklbauer/Oberon-generic-heap-allocation , but that is the one thing I did *not* want to do: extend the language itself.

It can of course be done, but one should note that one can always just create a record that then contains any data structure one needs. The downside is that it introduces one additional field in the code, e.g. you write ptr.a[3] instead of ptr[3], where ptr is a POINTER TO R, and R is a RECORD a: ARRAY OF <type> END, making it a little less natural to read.

Just my two (Swiss) Rappen..

-AP