[Oberon] FPGA - Pictures.Mod composition

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Sun Oct 1 18:57:56 CEST 2017

Hi,

Just realised when Pictures type is extended from Bitmaps,
Bitmaps.New(P,..) needs to accept pointer to its `superclass',
otherwise some type members are duplicated. Correct???

I need to to be also explained, what we call `superclass',
`baseclass' in Oberon terminology.

Order of type extension:
T1 -> T2 (T1) -> T3 (T2).. Tn(Tm)

Order of type creation:
M1.New(T2,..) <- M2.New(T3,..) <- .. Mn.New(Tm,..)

For the reason above I use two New procedures in Bitmaps:

PROCEDURE Bitmaps.New(w, h, dpt) : Bitmaps;
PROCEDURE Bitmaps.New2(B: Bitmap; w, h, dpt) : Bitmaps;

Is there a better recommended naming standard for this, than the above?

Many thanks.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>