[Oberon] A2 on ARM Linux Platform

Treutwein Bernhard Bernhard.Treutwein at Verwaltung.Uni-Muenchen.DE
Thu Oct 5 10:15:47 CEST 2017

Liam,

I missed your original post on 28. Sep. but found it today after
your reply to Wojtecs remarks, so let me comment on your

[...]
> I am hoping to help or facilitate a port of A2 to the Raspberry Pi,

maybe you should get in contact with Günter Feldmann (see
http://lists.inf.ethz.ch/pipermail/oberon/2016/008795.html).
He is maintaining the x86 Linux/Unix ports and he might be
able to give you some help. Everything else should be viable
since Fox (the flexible oberon crosscompiler), the compiler
used in the current release of A2 is afaik able to produce
code for ARM. I cannot offer help, since I still do not understand
the build process completely and currently I am not even
able to produce images for native A2 on the x86 for the
repository at https://sourceforge.net/projects/a2oberon/files/
since I was distracted first for almost a year and since fall 2016
the build process stops due to compilation and/or packaging
errors. Now Felix did not find the time to give me a hint.

PS: there seem to be at least some interest in A2 since there
were quite some downloads of the last image uploaded: https://sourceforge.net/projects/a2oberon/files/A2_Rev-6498_serial-trace.iso/stats/timeline?dates=2015-09-01+to+2017-10-05
--
  Bernhard

[...]