[Oberon] Clarifying type compatibility in Oberon-07

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Thu Oct 5 13:35:40 CEST 2017

Agreed. The language report is the master. NW's RISC compiler has a few useful features that are not included in the report (e.g. special ARRAY OF BYTE compatibility that I mentioned recently) so must be regarded as language extensions, for now at least. It is also missing at least one feature i.e. numeric CASE statements.

We have implemented numeric CASE statements and some of the RISC5 compiler language extensions in the Astrobe compilers. We have always tried to ensure that these are kept to the absolute minimum and have identified them as extensions along with any other implementation specific details (e.g. restrictions and clarifications) in the accompanying release notes and documentation.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.astrobe.com