[Oberon] FPGA - Colour Support

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Mon Oct 9 15:54:34 CEST 2017

From: Oberon [oberon-bounces at lists.inf.ethz.ch] on behalf of Tomas Kral [thomas.kral at email.cz]
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 6:37 AM

> I think `Pisperello' may be platform fit to 8-bit colour support, along
> with your own design Wojtek?

Pipistrello would do with the LPDDRAM memory controller replacing the current one in Oberon SoC.

I doubt I can work on it under my current funding scheme. Building my own board, yes, that I can fund. Working on Pipistrello, hardly so. Here a student or two would be welcome, but they need to ignite first. Amazingly, the EE alumni I dealt with did not know how to program FPGAs despite having listed relevant classes on their resumes. I do not know how it looks in Europe, but here in the USA it looks tragic.

Perhaps ETH can adopt the topic of the new revision of the Oberon SoC with color and Ethernet? Or some other university? It looks like a legitimate student assignment.

> Out of curiosity, what is `elevation map', `contour plot of XY
> distribution', do not recall from my undergraduate days?

Go to FemtoDAQ.com, click on "Measurement with SiPM", scroll about half page down to see the 2nd photograph.

W.