[Oberon] FPGA - Boot over serial line

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Wed Oct 18 22:52:03 CEST 2017

> The simplest way for you would be to just re-synthesize the design
> using your new prom.mem

Hi,

I have compiled `TestLEDs' example in asterisked compiler mode. Good
thing about using Oberon-07 (rather than Oberon-0), is I could use
SYSTEM import and access H/W registers.

After full synthesis works, LEDs are illuminated as the counter
increments.

To populate `prom.mem' I use `ORTool.DecObj' (corresponds to OSP.Decode
on Oberon-0).

To get opcodes from the disassembly (2nd column)I use below revised
script, that also pads array with 00000000 up to the size of 512.

#!/bin/sh
# ORX.WriteFile
# (c)tcat 18.10.2017
# USAGE: orx [decode] > [prom.mem]

# echo -n > prom.mem
i=0; while read hex; do
  hex=$( echo $hex | sed s'/[ ]*[0-9]*[ \t]*\([0-9A-F]*\).*/\1/' )
  echo $hex # >> prom.mem
  i=$((i+1))
done < $1

j=$i; while [ $j -lt 512 ]; do
  echo 00000000 # >> prom.mem
done

# eof

Still not giving up on `Data2Mem' as the full synthesis takes 12mins,
so I hope using the tool will be much quicker.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>