[Oberon] FPGA - Boot over serial line

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Fri Oct 20 11:24:49 CEST 2017

> And if you want to boot over the serial line, the standard boot loader
> already allows you to do that

I can now also run `TestLEDs' using BootLoader. I compiled the module
in asterisked mode. The size of resulting `rsc' file is 205 bytes.

After removing module name, and some leading, and also some trailing
bytes. I got core executable starting with `B 7', ending in `B R0'
opcodes, the size is 140($8C) bytes.

Inserting header with the code size above, and its start address. The
sequence is then terminated by NULL header, making a regular bootfile.

I name the boot file `TestLEDs.bin', not knowing what the convention is?
I boot with SW[1] set ON, and
$ cp TestLEDs.bin /dev/ttyUSB1

Not sure if not doing something silly, perhaps I can code it using
regular Oberon-07, but how to name the module, originally was
called `ORL' linker?

So far I just hard code it as such..
$ tail -c`echo $((205-0x23))` TestLEDs.rsc > TestLEDs.rsc.1
$ head -c`echo $((0x8c))` TestLEDs.rsc.1 > TestLEDs.rsc.2
$ echo -ne '\x8c\0\0\0\0\0\0\0'  > TestLEDs.bin
$ cat TestLEDs.rsc.2 >> TestLEDs.bin
$ echo -ne '\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0' >> TestLEDs.bin

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>