[Oberon] Emulating an RS-232 line with the Oberon emulator

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 24 21:47:36 CEST 2017

> But the emulator could check for e.g. the presence of a
> named pipe and use that for RS232 I/O, set on the command
> line for the first or both invocations, and falling back
> to looking for the presence of those trigger files.
>
> Then you'd just extend PCLink1 to be able to initiate
> the conversation.

I was thinking pretty much along those lines (and wanted to
know whether someone did it already.. but apparently not).

I guess the easiest way is to do it via an additional command
line argument (and not as a menu in the emulator as I had
originally contemplated).

Then one only has to add yet another command line option
that “boots from the serial line” - and there is your
test bed for testing Oberon0.Mod without having to
carry your FPGA hardware with you..

> Don't forget to take into account the zero-length
> final packet, some idiot forgot that ;-)

Really? How can one possibly forget that? ;-)

-AP