[Oberon] A CASE quiz

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Fri Feb 16 14:04:32 CET 2018

Thank you for the interesting link. I have some less scientific observations to make about my RISC5 implementation of the case statement:

The increase in size of the compiler sources is about 250 lines of code, i.e. an increase of 7%. It is a non-trivial addition.
The increase in size of the compiler executable is 2.2KB, an increase of 4%.

Compiles are typically about 10% faster after implementing the PO2013 Oberon compiler scanner function ORS.Get as a CASE statement. The number of lines of code in ORS reduced by about 3% as a result.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software
http://www.astrobe.com/RISC5