[Oberon] CASE without ELSE

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 16 14:45:57 CET 2018

   > The increase in size of the compiler sources is about 250 lines
   > of code, i.e. an increase of 7%. It is a non-trivial addition.

That’s pretty significant relative to the size of the Oberon
compiler (in other languages it would be considered negligible)

   > Compiles are typically about 10% faster after implementing
   > the PO2013 Oberon compiler scanner function ORS.Get as
   > a CASE statement.

In other compilers a 10% speedup would be quite noticeable (one
coffee less to grab during compilation), but not in Oberon
where compilation already is near-instantaneous.

PS: I believe this is the only place in the Oberon system where
one would see a measurable performance gain (here 10%) speedup
(correct me if I’m wrong)