[Oberon] Oberon on Nexys DDR4 from Digilent?

Peter Matthias PeterMatthias at web.de
Mon Feb 19 19:48:52 CET 2018

Am 19.02.2018 um 19:30 schrieb Skulski, Wojciech:
> Matthias:
>
> would you mind explaining how are Meltdown, Spectre, or Rowhammer related to Oberon running on RISC5 in the FPGA? How is Rowhammer related to the DDR2 memory, which is just a piece of hardware? What is evil concerning the SDRAM technology such as plain SDRAM, DDR, DDR2, or DDR3? I fail to see any problem, so please explain.
>
> Please do not assume any prior knowledge concerning these strange names.

See the ;-)

In short, Meltdown is reading Kernel data from within unauthorized user
processes. Spectre is reading data from own address range where the
process is not authoried, and Rawhammer is reading unauthorized RAM data
of DDR-3 RAM. All is harware related.

As there is no unauthorized access to data in Native Oberon, Native
Oberon of course is not affected at all, even if the hardware would be.

Peter