[Oberon] Re (2): New complaint from Fox.

Jörg Straube joerg.straube at iaeth.ch
Sat Mar 3 10:09:37 CET 2018

> Also incidentally, Oberon.Documents.MarkedDoc() has
>    IF TRUE (* Oberon.Pointer.on *) THEN
>        M.X := Oberon.Pointer.X; M.Y := Oberon.Pointer.Y;
>    ELSE RETURN NIL
>    END
> What was the IF meant to achieve?

If you look at the comment just above the procedure, you‘ll find a hint what the IF meant to do.
   (* The visibility of the Oberon pointer is ignored. *)
Formerly, the procedure checked the visibility.

You may delete the IF TRUE and corresponding ELSE. A clever compiler will do that for you, I mean he treats the source as if the IF TRUE was not there...

Jörg