[Oberon] FPGA - nRF24L01 connection

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Mon Apr 16 18:51:36 CEST 2018

On Sun, 15 Apr 2018 07:52:05 +0300
Jörg Straube <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> How do you measure „x% loss“? Currently, all your packets contain a
> constant string. Please enter an increasing number in it and see how
> many numbers you miss.

Hi,

I will improve my code on the above.

Today, I have a new observation. When I swap NRF modules between RPI
and Oberon, I am getting absolutely no payloads across, this made me
suspect one of the modules outside production tolerance, (now please do
not laugh), I bought another pair and I am getting absolutely no pings
either with these new modules in either socket.

Best results now with the old pair, one that likes RPI, the other
that does Oberon, and these `SCC.Mod' setting Wait = 5; SendTries = 15;
As I experience that the carrier, if not lost, is picked in early
number of tries.

For the tests, the transmitter and receiver are some 15cm apart, that
is the limit of my short USB cable I power Oberon with. I read
somewhere that radio can operate at some 50 meters range.

I realised I do not quite understand `SCC.SubSnd', the purpose
of retransmit loop, as the NRF module does some retransmits on its
own. Perhaps the loop just extends number of these default tries?

Many thanks.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>