[Oberon] FPGA - nRF24L01 connection

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Tue Apr 17 16:29:36 CEST 2018

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 15:23:46 +0200
Jörg <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> On a L01+, you have to wait for at least 170us before you can trust
> the RPD signal.
Hi Joerg,
Thank you, you have pointed this twice, now I understood.
The loop can be rewritten for clarity.
 while (i--)
      {

        // Select this channel
        radio.setChannel(i);

        // Listen for a little
        radio.startListening();
        delayMicroseconds(130+40); /* see manual ch6.4. */
        radio.stopListening();

        // Did we get a carrier?
        // if ( radio.testCarrier() ) ++values[i]; /* L01 device */
        if ( radio.testRPD() ) ++values[i]; /* L01+ device */
      }

But I am afraid I still see bleeding signal across three channels.
I wonder, if at the transmitter node, I could use the continuous wave
for the carrier detect test, not sure what purpose is that wave.

Also transmitter/receiver nodes are very close to each other, in
reality they could be some 70-100meters apart, should I try to lower
the signal level, perhaps it incurs some noise of signal being too high?

Many thanks so far.

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>