[Oberon] Texts

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Tue May 1 11:25:32 CEST 2018

  > Srinivas Nayak sinu.nayak2001 at gmail.com
  > Tue May 1 08:56:48 CEST 2018
  >
  > Loved these points...

  > > On 04/30/2018 05:56 PM, Andreas Pirklbauer wrote:
  > >
  > > When even CS students needs such a cheat sheet (because they forget
  > > the various interclick combinations from one week to the next) or, worse,
  > > when even the basic task of scrolling through a text document presents
  > > a challenge for some, you know there is something is wrong with the UI ;-)
  > > when even the basic task of scrolling through a text document presents
  > > a challenge for some, you know there is something wrong with the UI ;-)

Hi Srivinas,

There is nothing to be loved about those points ;-) But at least the task of
scrolling through texts had an easy and “natural” solution, which was adopted
in EO for example. It just behaves as one would expect and eliminated the
need for interclicks for scroll-up and scroll-down. Even on Ceres with
its 25MHz processor, it worked smoothly with no flickering. So at least for
that task, no more cheat sheet was needed. But I haven’t found a satisfactory
solution yet for some of the other operations (e.g., copy-to-caret, copy-looks)
other than adopting Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V/Ctrl-X..

If someone was, I’m a happy taker..

Andreas