[Oberon] FPGA - System Crash

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Sat May 12 08:37:40 CEST 2018

On Fri, 11 May 2018 23:25:12 +0200
Jörg Straube <joerg.straube at iaeth.ch> wrote:

> As the low layer disk access procedures in Kernel.Mod have a lot of
> ASSERTs, I assume the error is caused by a corrupt Disk (SD memory
> card)

Yes, true. This where the boot fails, also Oberon-0 never gets to the
command loop, as it fails on a corrupt file system.

Could it also fail on blank card?
It does some init of the root directory.

PROCEDURE Init*;  (*initialize the file system if needed*)
    VAR a: FileDir.DirPage;
  BEGIN Kernel.GetSector(FileDir.DirRootAdr, a);
    IF a.mark # FileDir.DirMark THEN
      a.mark := FileDir.DirMark; a.m := 0; a.p0 := 0;
      Kernel.PutSector(FileDir.DirRootAdr, a)
    END
  END Init;

--