[Oberon] FPGA - System Crash

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sat May 12 09:11:47 CEST 2018

a. If you are not already doing so, you should backup your diskimage
whenever you have made changes that you do not want to lose. Then if your SD
card is corrupted you can restore it from the most recent valid backup. dd,
Win32DiskImage or similar SDHC raw-device tools can be used to make these
backups. The full 320 MB (255 MB FAT partition + 64 MB Project Oberon
partition) image zips up to less than 1 MB so they don't take up much space.

b. Alternatively you can use our HCFiler system to backup individual files
to the disk space beyond the Project Oberon partition. If it is only the
Project Oberon partition that is corrupted, then you should be able to
retrieve the HCFiler backup copies directly from the SDHC card.

c. If you haven't backed up anything and your disk isn't too fragmented and
you want to salvage some source code try copying the diskimage to a PC and
then use a HEX editor to search for the text 'MODULE' and then copy / paste
the subsequent text to a file. If you are using Windows you can do all of
this using the XVI32 HEX editor.

Regards,
Chris Burrows

CFB Software