[Oberon] Numeric CASE vs IF THEN ELSE Performance

Andreas Pirklbauer andreas_pirklbauer at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 20:25:04 CEST 2018

  > I'll post a message on the Astrobe Forum and this mailing
  > list when it is available.

Ok. We can compare notes then. I have carried forward the
implementation of the numeric CASE statement from Ceres
Oberon to FPGA Oberon (but of course using the regular BR
instruction, i.e. using BR,cond [Rn] and not BR,cond PC,[Rn]).

If the performance with your *modified* BR instruction really
is demonstrably better AND the new instruction becomes part
of the RISC instruction set, then it is perhaps worth making the
implementation of the numeric CASE available to everyone.

-ap