[Oberon] Moving oberon to RISCV?

Paul Reed paulreed at paddedcell.com
Fri Jul 27 12:24:36 CEST 2018

Hi Travis,

> I realize [Moving oberon to RISC[-]V] is a lot of work, but there's
quite a bit of momentum for
> [it]. What would need to be done to port Oberon?

I think the first thing would be to select an inexpensive hardware
reference platform with some longevity.

We selected the Digilent Spartan-3 Board as (a) good fit to the intended
machine, ie a curatorial replacement for the Ceres, not a
super-mega(-giga?)-upgrade; (b) not too expensive; and mainly (c) ETH had
a lot of them.  Since this board is now sadly no longer made, the decision
seems a bit unwise, but hindsight is of course 20-20.

HTH
Paul