[Oberon] Moving oberon to RISCV?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 22:05:07 CEST 2018

Jorg wrote:-
In his career he ported his compiler to quite some processors. But instead
of porting the compiler over and over again to the myriads of processors
out there, the idea was: keep the compiler constant and make it generate
code for „his“ RISC-5 processor.
----
So then he used pseudo-code with a VM.
Are there any of them documented?
I did that in the 70's/80's for 8 bit microProcs,
after I had adapted the expensive HP <BASIC lang like>
desktop computer, which also did IEE488 instrument driving,
for automating test equipment.
Based on a BYTE [publication] article of PASCAL a compiler,
written in BASIC, I replaced the miriad of GoTo's by a <diagram>
representing a Finite-State-Machine.
Who remembers the <railway diagrams> representation of
syntax-tables?
The diagrams where stretched-out to show 1-node per line.
Then train <jumped> to the <action> as it passed the corresponding
node/station. So eg. [AFAICR]:
VAR
 IntrFlag <-- NAME := IntrFlag
:
BYTE  <-- enter/push: NAME, Offset, Type toSymTable

: