[Oberon] Conditional compilation using IF const THEN

Jan de Kruyf jan.de.kruyf at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 21:04:47 CEST 2018

I just read through part of the discussion:

What I seem to miss is the idea of "unit tests".

IF Oberon had a "private Child Module" extension that has access to all
internals of the parent then all internals of a Module can be tested in a
concise way  by a battery of tests with simple go /no-go outcome. This
works great for regression tests also.

I have never found any reason to have IF DEBUG statements in my code. The
tests are normally finegrained enough to pick up a bug easily.

The big advantage is that you simply uncouple your test framework from the
code under test once done and do a final compilation.

j.