[Oberon] FPGA - Modules.bin - inner core size

Tomas Kral thomas.kral at email.cz
Mon Aug 20 14:57:11 CEST 2018

Hi,

I have coded a simple procedure storing inner core boot file.

FOR sec = 2 TO 63 DO
  Kernel.GetSector(sec*29, buf);
  Files.WriteBytes(r, buf, Kernel.SectorLength)
END ;

Ignoring some trailing NULL sectors, I can guess a file size making the
original inner core => 37056 bytes.

Comparing to `Modules.bin' produced by `ORL.Linker', using very early
and uptodate compiler revisions, I got inner core size 37344, 37568,
bytes respectively.

Also binaries differ in some 3452, 20300 bytes, respectively. The newer
compiler the longer binary with more differencies.

Is it something expected, or do I get something wrong?
What can this be accounted for?

--
Tomas Kral <thomas.kral at email.cz>