[Oberon] Slim binaries / OMI / Juice implementation details availability

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Fri Aug 31 14:24:01 CEST 2018

If you want to try running an actual slim binaries implementation and inspect the binaries download Michael Franz's S3 version of MacOberon from the ETH ftp site. The compiler generates slim binaries by default:

ftp://ftp.ethoberon.ethz.ch/ETHOberon/Macintosh/

The same binaries run on both 680x0 and PowerPC Macs.

If you don't have suitable Mac hardware you can use an emulator. I just installed MacOberon on the Basilisk II Mac emulator on Windows 10 and it installed and ran OK. Some Juice-related documentation I haven't see elsewhere is included.

For info about Basilisk II see:

https://basilisk.cebix.net/

Regards,
Chris Burrows