[Oberon] LDPSR

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Fri Oct 12 04:19:15 CEST 2018

It would be nice if the FPGA Oberon System documentation was consistent with reality. It is one of those wishes worth bringing up about once a year.

Let's consider LDPSR. I just read the paper on RISC5 update from N.Wirth personal website. It ends with an example of an interrupt driver. There are calls to SYSTEM.LDPSR in that driver:

PROCEDURE On*;
BEGIN SYSTEM.LDPSR(1)
END On;
PROCEDURE Off*;
BEGIN SYSTEM.LDPSR(0)
END Off;

Looking at the official definition of MODULE SYSTEM in the language Report taken from the same website, the description of LDPSR is missing. The version of the Report is  1.10.2013 / 3.5.2016. I followed the pointer from Paul's website.

I hope you can imagine what my students are saying. I will refrain from public disclosure.

Two questions:

1. Is there any chance that the documentation will be maintained such that the Language Report is consistent with the other papers, as well as with the evolution of the System?

2. Any chance that the documentation will be released in the original Text format so it can be updated by someone who will feel obliged to do so?

Thank you,
Wojtek