[Oberon] RiskFive update

Skulski, Wojciech skulski at pas.rochester.edu
Thu Oct 18 21:43:37 CEST 2018

Another small step. We can talk to the Artix35T over JTAG, using Digilent HS2 Rev. A and Vivado 2014.2. The screen shot is now posted to the News section of the website www.RiskFive.com. The FPGA is not programmed yet, but we can measure the internal core voltage and the chip temperature over time, reading the on-chip ADC.

ISE 14.7 is not capable of seeing Artix35T, because only two largest Artix chips are supported under ISE. I tried ISE 14.7 and the JTAG communication did not work. One has to use Vivado with Artix35T. As you can see, it works. So we are on our way to use these boards for development.

Thank you -- Wojtek