[Oberon] SYSTEM Modules

Chris Burrows chris at cfbsoftware.com
Sun Nov 11 00:34:11 CET 2018

Now I've thought about it some more, there is no need for any new / changed
syntax. The rule that SYSTEM has to be in the import list if any SYSTEM
procedures are being referenced is sufficient. All we need is a new
implementation-dependent rule that when a SYSTEM procedure is referenced,
the SYSTEM qualifier is optional. If you want to be sure that your code
would compile on other systems you can still use the SYSTEM qualifier.
Whether it would then work on that other system is a question for another
day ;-)

The fact that all SYSTEM procedure names are uppercase-only still makes them
easy to search for in a large project.

Regards,
Chris Burrows
CFB Software